
What says 4th of July more than a bucket of cheap fireworks, smores over a fire and stuffing yourself full of sausages and sweets?? Well nothing in my book. We made our annual trek up north to Gordon to spend the

4th with Neil's folks. We left our house Fri. morning and came home Sun. afternoon. We were blessed with beautiful weather the whole time and took advantage of being able to be outdoors. We had bonfires, watermelon seed spitting contests and way too much food. Friday evening Neil treated us to a fireworks extravaganza. Well, that may be pushing it a little. It was funny how fireworks named Lotus Flower, Dragon of Doom and Mother Nature all looked exactly the same. I guess you get what you pay for, but it was entertaining none-the-less. Saturday morning was spent cutting, splitting and stacking wood for the winter. Luckily I was able to work off the extra blueberry pancakes I ate at breakfast, which was later the justification for the extra smores that found their way into my tummy. The kids built a tent on Saturday afternoon and treated themselves to a tea party. I never realized sitting around relaxing could be so much work. We were so exhausted we had to take several naps. The weekend was topped off with

the fantastic fireworks display Sat. evening in Gordon. (Luckily there was a little more fire power than what we had the night before.)
No comments:
Post a Comment