Monday, June 30, 2008

Week of Firsts

It's been pretty busy here in the Larson household. Last week Joe started T-ball at Unity. We go for an hour each afternoon for two weeks. He is having fun but Mom is having some issues with how its being taught. I'm trying my darndest to bite my lip but I have had a little chat with the coaches twice now. Yikes, I never thought I'd be "one of those Mom's". Oh, well as long as Joe is enjoying himself that's all that matters (this is what I tell myself everytime I have the urge to start yelling and screaming like a banshee).


Payton continues to go to dog training twice a week. Tuesday's are obedience and showmanship training and Thursday is for agility (where they go over jumps, go through tunnels, etc.). Polk Co. 4-H really has quite an incredible dog program. The women who run it obviously love what they do and put a lot of work into this program. Payton also got to spend 3 days at 4-H camp last week. Her first one. She had a wonderful time. Sounds like camp is a lot the same as it was when I was a counselor eons ago. Lots of silly songs and skits and games galore. She made some new friends and can't wait for next year.

Here she is waiting for the bus in Balsam Lake.

Saturday was spent doing chores around the house, more roofing, planting, mowing, all the mundane tasks that must be done. The kids then went to Auntie G's house that evening to watch fireworks in Osceola. They spent the day/night Sunday as well and came home Monday evening. They kept Gretchen and Grandma busy with birthday parties, parades, going to the movie and sounds like a few trips to the DQ. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment