Monday, May 10, 2010

Oshkosh Outing

Spent the weekend in Oshkosh for the WPA Homeschooling conference. Here are my top 5 highlights from the weekend (in no particular order).

1. While in a class on learning styles I had a "light bulb on" moment concerning my boy. If I had learned nothing else over the weekend this moment in itself was worth it.

2. Payton getting to fly in an airplane at the Oshkosh Air Museum, he even let her take the controls for awhile!

3. Joe putting his arm around me and telling me while walking home from the pool "thanks for bringing me here Mom."

4. I learned that we are not an "unschooling" family after all. I just think there are some things a kid needs to learn whether they like it or not. I've decided our style is "relaxed and eclectic".

5. Attended one of the nicest graduation ceremonies. First a keynote speaker spoke and then they brought up 5 different people of varying ages to talk briefly about what homeschooling means to them. Some were sentimental and some pretty darn funny. Each family (there were only 2) was brought up and the graduate spoke and their parents. The overall message was about family. It was beautiful. Neil immediately declared that when this day comes for us I will be doing the talking for the family. Ha.

Stayed in a dorm room on the UW-Oshkosh campus.

Day 2-looks a tornado hit.



Inside the Air Museum.





Ready for take off.

No comments:

Post a Comment