Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Family Happenings

It's been a pretty busy month for us, hence why I haven't kept up with blogging very well. We did officially start our new school year on the 8th. We did school over the summer as well but only about 2-3 hours a day, mostly math, science and history, but we are now back to full-time which is about 5-6 hours a day. We usually take Fridays off because 2x a month we go to CLAHS, our homeschool co-op. The days we don't go we finish projects or do art. We finished our pre-chem book and have been doing some great experiments exploring polymers.

This was a goo we made from glue and liquid starch. It was gooey at first...

and then hardened up into silly putty when you played with it for awhile.

This is the coolest one we made. It couldn't decide if it was a liquid or a solid. When you picked it up or smushed it, it was solid.

Let it sit for a few seconds and it would turn back to liquid. How cool is that!?!

I'm still cleaning up corn starch. The ratio is 2 parts corn starch to one part water. Try it sometime.

We also met some new homeschool families in the Amery area. I'm pretty excited to meet people close to me! Right now we plan to meet every other week for play dates.

We spent the day in Osceola for their Wheels and Wings on the 6th of Sept. We saw lots of great old cars, looked at airplanes and peeked inside Airstream campers. Payton was able to sneak in a helicopter ride after her brother chickened out. She was thrilled. We ate lunch with Grandma, Aunt Carrie and Aunt G. I tried eating a bee for lunch and spent a couple hours with a fat lip. I tried telling people Neil punched me, but no one seemed to care, said I probably deserved it. Hmmm.... That evening we went over my friend Bob's house for supper. We hung out with a few friend's from MS Camp, always a thrill for me. Neil and the kids went home around 8 and I spent the night to hang out with my buds.

Payton went camping for 4 days with my folks to Hayward from the 15th to the 18th. Joe and I got to hang out and do chores for them. They had beautiful weather for camping and had a great time.

Continued work on the house...